The dress is finally finished, after about a month and a half of hard work! Ready to see it??
This dress is actually for the Joann Fabric's 2011 prom contest. I wanted to enter last year, but I found out about it too late, so I determined to enter this year! :)
Here's the back...
...and the twirl! :)
I designed this dress on my own, and also created the pattern for it. And I edited the pattern for the beading on the top band and the skirt. All in all, it took me probably over 24 hours of sewing to complete it.
The dress features pleated, capped sleeves, and beaded band for the neck-line, a three-layer tulle skirt, with 7 beaded panels, and a zipper to close it.
And the accessory - a hair flower.
One of the requirements for the contest was to attend a formal dance, so a dear friend hosted one for me, where we danced for about 4 hours! Thanks sooo much Mrs. L. for hosting that - it was a fabulous evening! Here are a few videos of the dances for your own enjoyment:
*Please note that we are not professional dancers and most of the people attending had never done English Country Dancing before*
Thanks for being patient while I kept you in suspense! Hope it was worth the wait! :)