We used Jennie Chancey's Elegant Lady's Closet pattern, though made several alterations to make it fit right.
I would have posted these sooner, but we only just got the official photos, since we had to finish them at home (just the last few touches, like hemming, and button holes, etc). Enjoy!
P.S. The photos of my sis were taken by me, in that I pushed the button.... she did all the settings and editing. :)
This is my sweet sister - she made a gathered bodice with a squared neck, small waistband and 1/2-length sleeves.
It closes with buttons and button holes, as you can see, and the skirt is pleated in the back
An up-close view of the back
Aren't her buttons cute??
A fun angle of the buttons and pleats! So pretty!
And the sleeve detail!
Isn't it beautiful? And I think the green really suits her, don't you?
And now for my dress....
Mine is a bib-front dress, which opens in the front (the front flips down) and has ties in the back - almost like an apron which is attached to the skirt. The front closes with two buttons in the corners, there is a small waist band and the skirt is pleated.
The back view
My thrift-store find of an antique version of Tennyson's Poems comes in handy for photos! :)
One of the buttons which holds the front piece up - yes, I did make those dorset buttons and they are a very fun project!
The back ties and pleats.
This was probably my favorite photo from the photo shoot!
Many many many thanks go to Lily and Mrs. R for their expertise at sewing and for helping us with these dresses - they wouldn't have turned out half as great if they hadn't helped us!